The goal of Decision Support at KSU is to enable effective decision making by creating and providing accurate data collections from our institutional information systems, performing integrating analysis and research, and advocating for data quality and integrity. Decision Support uses reports, dashboards, and systems to present appropriate metrics and provide information and analyses necessary to make data-informed decisions. It encourages administrators and staff members to ask which questions need answered before determining the best course of action. Improved decision support across all levels will be crucial as the university works to achieve the strategic plan's priorities. Using information from this service will allow greater coordination and alignment of activities to achieve maximum overall institutional effectiveness in regard to KSU's strategic plan.
Decision Support improves KSU decision-making by:
- Identifying, establishing, and promoting best use of data analytics to deliver strategic objectives.
- Providing visual representation of information that gives decision makers a quick and easy way to view our university's performance.
- Providing actionable data.
- Letting users dive into data for further investigation.
- Championing an Enterprise Data Dictionary.
- Centralizing key performance indicators and benchmarks.
Decision Support improves KSU decision-making by offering these services to campus:
- Data Mining
- Data Visualizations
- Guided Reporting
- Predictive Analysis
- Statistical Analysis
Key Metrics for Success
A product from Decision Support must score these metrics before being delivered to the customer:
- Report relevance - do the reports/visualizations help us to succeed
- Metadata - do report and data definitions exist that best describes the deliverable
- Timeliness of data delivery - agility and flexibility of our solution
- Data quality - how accurate and clean is the data
- Access to Training - prepare users to use information in order to support decision making
- Ease of use - technology as an enabler and not get in the way
- Interactivity - Flexibility to explore, manipulate and analyze reports
- Security - feeling confident that confidential data will be secure